Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Friday, May 26, 2006

BEST Pseudo-Celebrity Encounter EVER

My lil sis is getting married in June, so I headed back to Indiana for some bachelorette festivities over Memorial Day weekend. As per usual, my flight out of National to Chicago was delayed, so I waited several hours as other flights to the exact same destination by the exact same carrier departed.

As any other holiday weekend, the airport was ridiculously crowded. Having already experienced the joy of the "pat down" from the questionable security operation they have going on, I was essentially quarantined to my Terminal without any available seats, and decided to wander around the surrounding gates while I awaited my delayed flight.

Well, I didn't have to go far for entertainment, because I found quite the commotion at the gate next to mine, also destined for Chicago. What could be all the excitement? None other than thee Senator Barack Obama swooning the hearts of middle-aged women as far as the eye could see. As I passed, a lady frantically approached me with her camera in hand and asked if I could take their picture. I exchanged greetings with the Senator and snapped the photo. I, too, had my camera on me, but I was simply too embarrassed to pull it out. So, I took the even less subtle approach by whipping out my camera when he was in line to board his plane and pulling the ultimate stalkarazzi moment. Only in DC would a Senator be deemed worthy of stalkarazzi moments.
















I do not anticipate my brilliant photography appearing in US Weekly anytime soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger Kell said...

    I wouldn't stalk any good looking politician - because I'd probably end up in a tabloid because I was near a Kennedy incident. sigh. I might go see the Al Gore documentary, though. Does that count as stalking?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home