Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Monday, May 29, 2006

BEST Airport for a Layover EVER

You may remember a couple years ago when my hometown airport (FWA) that can get you to 5s of 10s of different locations across the midwest appeared in USA Today as one of the 10 great places to hang out during a layover (I will not be offended if you missed this breaking news). Well, I have been so lucky to fly into FWA numerous times to visit my family, especially recently as my little sis is about to get married.

As I sit here in one of the "great places to hang out during a layover," waiting for my trip to Chicago to get me to DC, I thought I'd give it a little plug. (1) When I arrived on Friday afternoon, a lady stood by the entrance to the baggage claim, holding a wicker basket and distributing sugar cookies to all of the exiting passengers. (2) Because there are only a handful of gates, you can arrive at the airport a half-hour before departure. (3) I noticed today that you receive complimentary wireless service. (4) The giftshop is stacked full of Vera Bradley as it originates in good 'ole Fort Wayne.

Now, I don't think I have to ask where you will be making plans to have your next layover.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seriously...a little old lady handing out sugar cookies from a wicker basket! How Midwest is that?!

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Blogger TSH said...

    I have some friends who used to live in Fort Wayne. They don't anymore. Strange that they never mentioned the airport.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home