Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Monday, September 08, 2008

Customer service*

I needed a little extra caffeine to get me through the first day of the workweek this morning, so I stopped in a Starbucks for a latte. Clearly, I needed this coffee more than I even knew, because one of my co-workers would later inform me that I had walked right by her on my way in without even noticing.

I digress. As I stood there waiting for my drink to be made, I decided to pass the time by reading the comments written about the "Barista of the Day." I learned that she enjoys riding her bike to work and going out to Latin night clubs, and that she is a student at American University. Then I happened to glance at her coffee recommendation for the day … "Tall Coffee!" A drink that isn't even made by the barista, but rather by the cashier. In other words, "Leave me alone. I'm planning my night out at the club, and don't have time to make your triple shot, extra hot, non-fat macchiato … or whatever else ridiculously complicated beverage you may want to order."

Hilarious. Thanks, Jessica, for your commitment to customer service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home