Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Monday, September 11, 2006

BEST Last Wedding of the Season EVER

So this past weekend, Phillip and I headed to Cleveland for one of the more highly anticipated Marietta College weddings… that's right folks, after eight years of dating… Matt and Carina have finally tied the knot!

Anyway, the wedding was a lot of fun. The ceremony took place in a lovely little garden and the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the bride was blushing, you get the idea. Then the fun started… the reception was a whirlwind of drinking, dancing, eating, women hitting on Phillip at the bar, more drinking, snickering at a waiter that had a flock of seagulls haircut, drinking, seeing some old folks from Marietta, drinking, having Phillip remark "Nothing says true love like a whorehouse" to one of the groomsmens parents, drinking, and of course… the cake was to die for. It was chocolate with white icing, and I'm not even the biggest fan of chocolate cake. If I develop diabetes in the next few days… that cake is to blame… and I'd do it all over again.

As we were driving back home, Phillip and I started to get a little misty-eyed… this was the last wedding of the season, and the last Marietta College wedding for the time being.

When I got home, as I was hanging up my dancing shoes and putting my dress back in the closet, when my phone rang. Marietta College Alum and avid Best Summer Evah reader Laney was calling with some exciting news… she's engaged!

And so it begins again…

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home