Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

BEST Rolling Thunder EVER

After watching one too many travel channel specials on Sturgis, the idea of “attend a motorcycle rally” has been on my mental list of “Things to do if you are in the area”. Well, just my luck, it turns out that one of these things came to my area. So, I went to see DC Rolling Thunder on Sunday.

Based on what I gleaned from my brief walkthrough, the history of Rolling Thunder is somewhat along these lines: A lot of people went to Vietnam and fought in the Vietnam War. And then they came home. Some of them bought motorcycles. On Memorial Day, they bring those motorcycles to DC from all over the country and walk around our National Mall with plastic cups full of beer. People who aren’t aware of this and who thought “oh I’ll have a nice memorial day weekend in our nations capital” spend the weekend walking around without any beer looking very very nervous.

Anyway, I did a walkthrough and checked out what appeared to my uneducated eye to be some pretty sweet rides. And of course, the people watching at an event like this is absolutely phenomenal. Aside from the sea of blue jeans and leather vests attire which I'm sure caused some to experience heat stroke in the 90+ degree heat, there were three t-shirts that are standouts:

The Classic: “If you can read this, the bitch fell off”
The Seductive: “If you treat me like an angel, I’ll be your little devil”
The Political: “To the Vietnam Protesters: 58,000 Dead Say F@#(& You”

So until next Memorial Day, I say to the Rolling Thunder… keep riding and t-shirt shopping!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger Ph said...

    If you can read this, the bitch fell off, is one of my favorites.

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rolling Thunder!!! (cue air guitar)

     
  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Those shirts definitely give the 350-pound man at the DC Chili Cook-off, wearing an "I beat anorexia" shirt a run for his money

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is the BEST blog EVER! Love it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home