Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Saturday, November 18, 2006

BEST German Food, Opera, and Britney Spears EVER

This past week, I attended a professional networking event... an Opera Night at Cafe Mozart. That's right, accountants know how to boogie....opera style. The night was sort of fun, and unintentionally comical.... I had dressed almost exactly like one of my coworkers. For those of you who have never been there before (which I'm assuming is a lot of you), Cafe Mozart is a german restaurant located by McPherson Square. If you are looking for good german cuisine, Cafe Mozart isn't probably the best place to get it. Admittedly, when it comes to bratwurst and the like, I am a bit of a snob, but the food really wasn't that great... I had the sausage platter with one bratwurst and one knackwurst, neither of which were anything to write home about. Fortunately, there was a good selection of wines and beers, which sort of made up for the ehhhh food.

And of course, the entertainment. So, the Opera Night was composed of an elderly man and an elderly woman singing opera songs, walking around the restaurant as patrons ate. It was an intimate venue, the room probably held about 40 people, and yes, it was as incredibly awkward and cheesy as it sounds.

In addition to the opera songs, which were nice, they sang several selections from old timey musicals, such as South Pacific and Oklahoma. Most of the patrons sang along to the song from Oklahoma (you've heard it... it starts..."Oh what a beautiful morning... "), which in combination with a few glasses of wine and a dinner I just picked at instead of actually eating made me laugh, because I am wondering what songs they'll be singing in Cafe Mozart fifty years from now, when I am elderly and ready to sway along to the music. I can't wait for it to be "Toxic" and "My Hips Don't Lie".

1 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM , Blogger Kell said...

    .... and "Who Let The Dogs Out"... I can see a lot of drunkwursts out there singing that song...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home