Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Monday, June 25, 2007

Reality*

So, today as I was walking back to my car to drive to Tysons, I was approached by a punky looking woman on the street, arms covered in tattoos. She asked,

"Would you be interested in being an extra in an ABC reality show today?"

While playing hooky to contribute to the overall decline of American culture did sound remotely tempting, I came to the realization that when it comes to reality television, I am a purist. Does it strike anyone else as inherently conflicting that they stage extras for a so called "reality" show?

Are there not enough people ordinarily on the streets to make it seem "real" enough??

I think I'll just stick to the reality of my own existence, which does not involve making popular culture any more of a cesspool than it already is.

* She was lurking around 3rd and D SW aroud 10 am if you are interested.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    So, you claim to despise Reality TV, but tell me how you feel about one Joe Millionaire...

     
  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger Kell said...

    I wanted to sing you the Hallelujah Chorus - that is, until I read Emmmmm's comment.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home