Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Monday, June 19, 2006

BEST Conspired Bouquet Toss EVER

Well, it's official. My little sister, Becky, tied the knot this past weekend.

A great time was had by all, thanks to the mastermind (my mom) behind the whole ordeal. And, perhaps the free-flowing mojitos had a little to do with it.

While the wedding and reception are always great times, the preparation seems to cause a lot of undue stress. This is why I have recently pronounced my desire for a "no-frills wedding." Perhaps on a mountain. Or on a beach in the Caribbean. Or Australia (you know, where I plan to meet my Aussie husband).

Anyhow, Kimmmmm is on board with this grand plan, and she has volunteered her culinary expertise to assist in my "no-frills wedding." She will be preparing her very best dishes, including a variety of Hot Pockets, pita and hummus, Buffalo wing dip, veggie burgers, rice, steamed vegetables, pizza bagels, and ice cream. Nothing but class. And, it's pretty fair to say that she has some time to perfect these delicacies before I will call upon her services.

Well, that's what I thought until Saturday night. It was time for the dreaded "let's see who's still single" part of the evening. That's right, the bouquet toss. Fortunately for me, most of the girls at the wedding were also single, so I was not the lone contender. Okay, onto the toss…. Becky turns away from the ladies. And I swear, in slow motion, it happened. Every other girl stepped back and in perfect aim, the bouquet floated straight into my arms. Yes, the girl who cannot commit to watching Lost has been deemed the next bride. Typically, the competitive streak in me would have thought of this as a "win." But when everybody else backs away to protect their destiny, is it really a win?

So, I did what any other single gal would do. I text Kimmmmm at Bonnaroo to tell her of the events that had just developed. Our correspondence went something like this:

Me: Guess who caught the bouquet? @&*#. Don't you worry. I'm still swingin' single.
Kimmmm: Sorry about the bouquet. I'll buy a case of Hot Pockets.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM , Blogger Kell said...

    Everytime I catch a bouquet, I've either recently been dumped, or have broken up with someone. I think the bouquet tossing thing - when you're 20 and all your friends are 20 and single is fine - but if there are only a handful of singles and mostly divorcees and flower girls - tossing is just embarassing.

    I have a lot to say on this subject (I especially hate it when a young 20 something catches the garter and the DJ doesn't have the decency to not make him put it on the flower girl's leg...)- but good for you by playing a long -

     
  • At 7:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Em - LOVE THE BLOG. I'm just really hoping you decide to partake in your vows on a Carribean island. And please, let's put the fam at a separate hotel (on the other side of the island). Love you bunches, my stunning single sis - K...

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    unrelated to your entry, but, at the risk of sounding overly girly (but it's true!): those bridesmaid dresses are super cute!

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Kell, For some reason, people are under the impression that the maid-of-honor WANTS to catch the bouquet. These people are wrong. So wrong.

    Kate, I will definitely spread the word to my sis. I must say, though cute, not that fun to wear!

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Re: Posting by "Anonymous"
    From AM & CM:
    If we are guaranteed the
    other side of the island, we will pay for the whole thing.

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger Tiggs said...

    well, i like the bridesmaid dresses too...where did they come from...I'm looking for some!

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When contemplating an industrial property house to buy, consider the way the area is going to do in 10 or twenty years, or perhaps even longer time frame. You'll wish to invest for the long-term to ensure that you continue to have a solid income from any area you purchase. If you think the neighborhood will only be very hot for a few years, neglect it. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Vi7765ity[/url]

     
  • At 2:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging then i suggest him/her to pay a visit this blog,
    Keep up the fastidious work.

    My blog :: vigrx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home