Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

BEST Pride EVER

This past weekend, Phillip and Mike invited me to join them for a celebration of PRIDE in DC, a celebration of all things gay. As an alleged "gay man in training", I figured that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to soak up a few things... oh who am I kidding. It was really to drool over the dreamy dreamy DC Cowboys, rather than learn anything.

The parade was fun, Nation was fun (and not as scary as the first time I went there... I think it helped that last weekend wasn't Halloween), and the festival was a good time as well, especially because it featured the dreamy dreamy DC Cowboys. Plus I got to spend some quality time with both Phillip and Mike, which always makes me happy.

Here are a few photos from the parade....

The parade begins with some rainbow flags


How adorable is this?


Coco.... her milkshake brings all the 18 year old boys to the bar


Even though this joke has passed in many ways, I know that when you see this picture you just can't help but think to yourself "hee hee...bears". Please note: There is only a picture of the front of this float. What was in the back of the truck was somewhat disturbing.



The DC Cowboys! Phillip got a ton of free tickets to Remingtons from one of their friends. He's not pictured here, but the one to the far right on the float was HOT.



It was never really made clear what they were the Royal Family of.


So as you can see, a really good time was had by all! I wish that every weekend was PRIDE!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger JTU said...

    Sounds like a ton of fun (except for the bears. . .scary!!!) I've always wanted to try nation but gay clubs make me nervous. . .you should take me next time I'm in town.

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Ph said...

    Well, JT, you'd better be up to town before the 15th of July, because it's closing for the purpose of the Nats stadium and the gentrification and removal of all the poor people of DC.

     
  • At 11:18 PM , Blogger JTU said...

    Well, Phillip and Kimmmmm, you'll have to find somewhere equally as interesting to take me next time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home