Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Saturday, August 19, 2006

BEST Little Miss Sunshine EVER

Last night myself, Em, and another friend went to see a movie. Those of you who know me well know that I am a HUGE movie fan, and therefore at this point you probably are not picking yourself up off the floor, sitting back down in your chair, or shaking your head incredulously and muttering to yourself, "Kim?? Watched a movie?? In a theater?!?"

Yes, I did. We saw "Little Miss Sunshine" which is movie about a family where everything goes wrong for every single one of the characters, making them all "Little Miss Sunshine's" in their own way. There is also a beauty pageant by this name, but that is not what the movie is about at all. Nothing goes the way it should, and the movie becomes a huge comedy of errors. I was literally laughing so hard I was crying through most of it.

Described as, "LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE is an American family road comedy that shatters the mold. Brazenly satirical and yet deeply human, the film introduces audiences to one of the most endearingly fractured families in recent cinema history: the Hoovers, whose trip to a pre-pubescent beauty pageant results not only in comic mayhem but in death, transformation and a moving look at the surprising rewards of being losers in a winning-crazed culture. A runaway hit at the Sundance Film Festival, where it played to standing ovations, the film strikes a nerve with everyone who's ever been awestruck by how their muddled families seem to make it after all."

I try not to be too preachy on the blog, but I’m just going to have to come out and say it. You have to go see this movie... now. Get going!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM , Blogger JTU said...

    Dr. T and me saw this one on Friday and I'm not so sure I've ever laughed so hard in a movie. Plus I think it is the first movie ever that he and I BOTH loved!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home