Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BEST Pretty Woman Moment EVER

I've been around the singles' scene long enough to experience the evolution of "See you in class" to "What's your number?" to "Here's my business card" (so you're saying you're employed…) to "I'm going to MySpace you" (code for "stalk ya later"). But never in a million years could I predict the action that took place on Friday night.

I was out with my girlfriends and I was sitting next to a nice young chap at the bar. I was casually chatting with him until my girlfriends and I decided to head home. He opened his wallet to produce what I would assume to be a business card. But instead, he pulled out a checkbook.

WHAAAA????

He said his phone number was on his checks (yes, along with your name, home address, bank routing number). And rather than tear off the upper left-hand portion that contains only the contact information, he proceeded to tear out the entire blank check for me.

Again, WHAAAA???? Am I being PUNK'd? Ashton, come on out of there!

First of all, does anyone still carry around a checkbook? Second of all, we both had cell phones, so I think it would have sufficed to just shout out the digits.

So to those of you that nicknamed me "Digits" in the past, I think it's high time you started calling me "Blank Check."

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,

    I was just smoothly surfing from blogs to blogs when I happened to recognize (I'm not sure though, I'm gettin' old) someone I know in the 4th top picture starting from the left showing 2 women wearing pinkish hats.

    Is there any chance that the woman on the left ever attended Wesleyan University (Middletown, CT) in the mid 90's ?

    If I'm completely wrong, please forgive me for the intrusion (but you guys really look alike)

    If I'm not, say Hi to her. We were housemates at the French House then...

    I'll come back for the answer.
    Have a great summer.
    (and good luck with the check chap...)

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have got to be "F_in" kidding me.....who does that! Hi nice meeting you, heres a blank check...what the hell did he think u were...a prostitute~ on the other hand, i wonder how much money he really does have :)

     
  • At 7:00 AM , Blogger Blue Eyes said...

    Oh... blank check. Can't wait to see how you get the digits tonight.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home