Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Sunday, November 19, 2006

BEST Rivalry EVER

Let's get ready tooooo rummmbbblleeee!

For all OSU/UM fans, nay, for all college football fans, there was but one item on the agenda this weekend: #1 thee Ohio State University vs. #2 University of Michigan.

The winner of this game would determine the Big Ten Champion, but more importantly, it could guarantee Ohio State's place in the BCS title game.

So, in preparation of the biggest regular season OSU football game of the year between the biggest rivalry in college football, Kimmmm and I headed up to Willie & Reed's with my aunt and uncle to cheer on the Buckeyes with a gazillion other Ohio State fans.

And cheer, we did. When my aunt led the battle cry with "O-H…," we responded with the other fans with "…I-O!" And when they blared "Hang on Sloopy" over the speakers, we sang right along. All of that cheering did not go unnoticed, for the Buckeyes won 42-39. I mean, I'm not saying that we won the game for OSU (I'm sure the fellows on the field were working hard), but it just seems pretty coincidental that the very game we lost our voices to was the very game that will send the Buckeyes to Arizona to reclaim the national title in January.

Coincidence? I think not.

Don't you worry, Coach Tressel, we'll cheer our hearts out come January 8th!

To sum up:

OSU's ranking before Saturday's game: #1

OSU's ranking after Saturday's game: #1

8 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger I-66 said...

    I saw something on Sportscenter about the Ohio pick-4 numbers being 4239 that night.

    oooOOOOoooh...

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger Blue Eyes said...

    You forgot to mention that the bar was so crowded that your aunt and uncle brought camp chairs for us to sit in at their table and that we watched for Melissa and Korri on the tv (didn't see either of you :0)

    Go Bucks!

     
  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    That's spooky. I just looked it up and your story checks out. Ohio pick-4 numbers on Sat. night were 4239.

     
  • At 9:04 PM , Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

    Did you notice that your post here was featured in WaPo Express today?? The Blog Log! Congratulations!

     
  • At 9:04 PM , Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

    And Go Bucks! It was a good game.

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    I did see that! I was going to post it, but I felt a little conceited. Eh, I'll probably go ahead and post it anyhow.

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    GO BUCKEYES!!! I can't believe you didn't see me! I mean I was wearing a red hoodie!! Who wants to go to AZ in January?!?!

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger teddyjb said...

    I'm a little late to the party due to my extreme absence from the blogshpere but just had a little something for your sum up: Ohio State ranked #1 on August 19, 2006 and hasn't dropped since.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home