Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

BEST First 14 Seconds EVER

The top-ranked Buckeyes came out onto the field last night, ready to prove they were worthy of the national championship title. And once the ball was kicked off, they showed the nation they were worthy of the #1 ranking they had all season . . . for the first 14 seconds.

And, that's pretty much all I really have to say about last night's game.

I should have known better than to boast about OSU during the day. A conversation at work went something like this . . .

(Think "Da Bears. Ditka, Ditka, polish sausage . . ." from SNL)

Co-worker: What do you think the score will be tonight?

Emmmmm: Buckeyes 121. Gators 7.

Co-worker: Ummm, 121?

Emmmmm: Da Bucks, da Bucks, da Bucks. Tressel. Tressel. Tressel.

On a positive note, like any other Ohio native, I prepared a trillion delicious buckeyes prior to the game.







I guess the only thing left to do is enjoy the little pieces of chocolatey-peanut buttery deliciousness until the 2007 season begins.

Goooo Buckeyes!

9 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM , Blogger teddyjb said...

    I have dubbed January 9th as Black Tuesday in memory of the tragic event that took place on Monday, January 8, 2007. There will be no mention of what happened on that fateful day. Tears will fall and glasses (of whatever you fancy) will be raised.

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Ironically, I wore all black today in mourning.

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger Blue Eyes said...

    I've decided that the loss is an instance where I will become an emotional eater...I will be mourning by eating buckeyes. deliciously sad buckeyes of loss

     
  • At 1:14 AM , Blogger JTU said...

    well, at least their namesake food is good

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger I-66 said...

    We had about 8 people over to watch, all of them rooting for Ohio State. It was a sad room at halftime.

    I've never eaten a buckeye, so please humor me by telling me what it is that they taste like?

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger Blue Eyes said...

    1-66 - Buckeyes are a peanut butter base with a thick chocolate coating. They're slightly more addictive than crystal meth.

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger I-66 said...

    Slightly more?! Sign me up!

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Buckeyes. The new crystal meth.

    Can't. Take. Much. More.

    Must. Fight. The. Addiction.

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    we lost the game but the buckeye fans in AZ proved that they are "the best damn fans in the land"! maybe we don't have the number one team but we do have #1 fans! 37,000 at the buckeye bash! I felt like we were in c-bus! GO BUCKEYES!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home