Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

BEST Person of the Year EVER

This is awkward. I do not know how to go about it and it will certainly come across a tad self-indulgent, so I'll just come out and say it:

I am TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year!

It came as a shock to me when I looked down at the recent copy of TIME in which they reveal the Person of the Year, and I saw my reflection staring back at me. In fact, they even went to the trouble of personalizing a magazine for me that said "YOU." Take a look below:




















Don't get me wrong, I'm quite flattered, but I am trying to identify that one moment of 2006 that set me apart from all of the other 2006 contenders. Which when you really get down to it, the contenders include everything and everyone else in the Universe. So, in order to try to prove my worthiness of said title, here are a few events that may help validate TIME's decision:

Housed the DC homeless
Helped OSU defeat UM
Was published
Brought Dunkin' Donuts to the DC metro area
Won tickets to a concert for blogging
Endured O'Hare...countless times
Received a blank check
Caught the bouquet
Met Barack Obama

And if you take a look at former winners, you will see just how prestigious this award is. Now, I can say that I rank among the likes of Bono (2005), the Dubya (2000, 2004), the Endangered Earth (1988), Women (1975), Stalin (1939, 1942), and Hitler (1938). That's right, TIME positioned me among other greats of history, including an entire planet, an entire gender, and the most infamous dictators in the 20th century.

Thanks, TIME. I'll cherish this.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger I-66 said...

    And don't forget the service you did to all boxes out there in helping to round them up, saving them from their certain doom in a trash compactor somewhere.

    Uh. Not that they'll end up there anyway, if they haven't already.

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    You're right! We are single-handedly saving the World!

    About the boxes, they are still piled up outside our doorway, so at least they will see another day.

     
  • At 12:16 AM , Blogger Washington Cube said...

    I wonder what lazy Time staffer dreamed this one up. Can't you see them indecisive and then having this *ding* moment?

     
  • At 12:29 PM , Blogger Kell said...

    I'd like to thank all the little people! You know who you are!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home