Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Friday, July 28, 2006

BEST Jacksonville EVER

I know that many people out there say that life is about the journey, rather than the destination. A few weeks ago, as we sped down I-95 through east juhnunga Virginia at 4 am, life seemed to be more about the destination, rather than the actual journey.

The destination was Jacksonville, Florida.

I had all of these grand designs for my trip to Jacksonville, including getting a sunburn, going to the beach, seeing the Modis building, drinking lots of coffee, and checking out Amelia Island.

However, the city of Jacksonville had different ideas for me. Which is how I found myself at Jacksonville's Premiere Waste Facility...Southland Waste Systems. One of the highlights of my trip (aside from breakfast at the Waffle House) was my visit to Southland Waste Systems, where they have not had an accident in 000 days. The folks there were kind enough to let me pretend that I was a garbage woman, something up until that pointI have never had any desire to do. But after wandering around the garage and then as I stood in front of the garbage truck in the 110 degree heat I realized something. I wanted a picture on the truck.

In fact, I think my excitement over the trip to the facility sort of amused them, (she wants to take a picture on the truck?? Why?) because they were kind enough to let me wear a hard hat and a neon vest to get the authenticate garbage man experience.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home