Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Best Commanding Band Name EVER

A little over a week ago, Kimmm and I found ourselves in NYC. Again.

And we found ourselves at a concert. Again.

A Clap Your Hands Say Yeah concert. Again.

The concert was located at the Central Park Summerstage, and surprisingly, the acoustics were pretty superb. Saying that they sounded better than their Virgin Fest performance would be a significant understatement. Architecture in Helsinki opened, and they may have inspired me to take up the bongos. Kimmm sure is lucky to have me as a roommate. Think of all the beautiful bongo sounds she will get to endure enjoy every waking hour.

Anyhow, the reason I'm writing this, other than to announce that we went to yet another concert, is a result of this post I read after it was recommended on DCBlogs. Basically, the blogger talked about the "wooohoooing" that is so prevalent and unbelievably irritating at concerts. As a frequent attendee of musical performances, I can confirm that she is absolutely right.

However, while in NYC at the CYHSY concert, I think I stumbled upon a solution. It is entirely up to the band, but it just may work. Here's the secret: The band must take on a name that sends a subliminal message to the audience. It was very effective at the CYHSY concert, because at times, I would glance around the audience and notice an overwhelming response of individuals doing just as the band directed: clapping hands and saying yeah. I'm not exaggerating. At one point, Will (Kimmmm's college buddy) was standing next to me, and as I looked over at him, I noticed he was clapping his hands, and simultaneously saying (not shouting), "Yeah....Yeah.....Yeah...." Coincidence? I think not.

It's brilliant! Now I'm even more excited to get my one-woman-bongo-band up and running. I think I'll go by Hop on One Foot or Give a Thumbs Up or Just Chant Emmmm. Yeah, that last one won't be creepy at all to hear an audience saying nothing but "Emmmmmmmm, Emmmmmmmmmm, Emmmmmmmmm." Realistically, if I intended to make a living off of my bongo playing talent, which is yet to be discovered, I should probably go by Donate lots of money to the woman on the bongos.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brilliant is right. Finally a solution! Much better than those random noises I came up with.

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so are you saying the lead singer didn't sound like he was dying? fabulous!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home