Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Monday, October 16, 2006

BEST Thank goodness I'm not in Western New York EVER

I spent the majority of my childhood in Western New York, the land where chicken wings are good, pizza is even better, trips to Niagara Falls are numerous, groceries are bought at Wegmans, and the lake effect snow flies for 9 months of the year. Granted, many a childhood Halloween have fond memories of snow, but I think that most native Western New Yorkers would agree with me in saying that a snowstorm in mid-October is just ridiculous.

Fortunately, I no longer live in the tundra that is Buffalo, NY and didn't have to spend the weekend digging myself out and wondering when the power was going to come back on. However, much of my family did.

I suggest that you check out Sheesh!'s blog for a first hand account of the first unbelievably early snow storm of the year.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Kell said...

    Oh, wow. Yeah. That was a bad one. I'm just enjoying my FALL - it would be such a shame to lose it to a big snow storm!

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger JTU said...

    Why you Canadians ever decided to settle in the frozen tundra of the North, I'll never understand.

    Looks like mittens weather to me.

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Eh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home