Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BEST Last Look EVER

So, Mom and Dad are selling my childhood home. Now that they are empty nesters, nearing retirement, they are moving to a bangin' new pad that's slightly smaller and in a neighborhood with significantly less rugrats running around screaming. I can't say that I blame them.... there is nothing more annoying than looking out the window and finding your backyard full of small children that don't belong to you.
Anyway, the move will probably occur before I get back to western New York again, but fortunately, I'm able to get a last look of my childhood home via the wonder of the internet. You can too. Check out the virtual tour here.

Also, Sheesh deserves mad props for making her extremely spooky internet debut as a guest appearance in the virtual tour. I'm not going to tell you what room she's in, you'll just have to look and see!
(Note: This picture was taken in July- I don't miss my snowy snowy childhood)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Love it! A couple bizarro observations about our twin childhoods/homes:

    (1) Pink-accent living room

    (2) Walk through front door to the
    staircase with the living room on the right and the den (or in our case, den/guest bedroom) on the right, and go straight back to the kitchen

    (3) Rockin' the 50's themed basement

    Oh, and my parents' bedroom (the master bedroom) also has the half-circle window above the windows in the front of the house.

    Such bizarros.

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger TSH said...

    we had snow flurries today. none of it stuck. i hate the cold. needless to say, I am not buying your parents house.

     
  • At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG! i swear that house has not changed since 1998!!! Wein's room looks different! What happened to the day bed! Chad's room is very blue! I do remember the parents changing our room when they kicked you out of the house! Oh my! I can't believe I no longer have a home on Santa Clara! I would like to see a pic of the garage, the upstairs bathroom and the half bath (for memories of the toilet fumes)!!

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Blue Eyes said...

    Emm - I'm glad to know that I'll always have my parents house in some form in Indy

    TSH - You wouldn't like the snow. And thanks for rubbing it in that you can afford to buy a house. Sigh.

    Melis - They re-did Wein's room to make it into a sewing room. Our room did change a little bit after I got kicked out. Chad's room was changed too - but it was while Sheesh was still living at home. Remember when we had a sleepover and wien sleptwalked upstairs to her room and her bed, but it was in the wrong house?

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ahhhhh yes! how could i forget!! you and shewee need to get a new sister pic taken for mom and dad! the pic over the tv is way old! =o)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home