Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

BEST Last Day of Eating Solid Food EVER


At 8 am sharp tomorrow morning, I am getting my wisdom teeth removed. Now, you are probably saying to yourself, "Why didn't Kimmmm have her wisdom teeth removed when she was 16 like everyone else?" It turns out that my childhood dentist was a very neglectful man, who never felt the need to pull four teeth out of my head for the sake of pulling four teeth out of my head. How I miss that man and his free toothbrushes.

Unfortunately, every other dentist on the face of this planet is under the impression that they should have come out years ago. The varying diagnosis of "get your wisdom teeth removed" and "Oh my gosh….you still have your wisdom teeth?!?!" has caused me to spend the past three years dentist shopping, hoping in vain to find someone who will say, "Let's just leave them in. They aren't hurting you".

Anyway, this past time (at the fourth dentist I have seen in the past three years), the Dentist decided it was time to have a very serious talk with me. Apparently, one of my wisdom teeth has a cavity. He said "You're not brushing them well. You can't even reach back there I bet" to which I defiantly answered, "Will you be able to reach back there to fill the cavity?"

Long story short, I decided that the time has come for me to face the music and commit to a single dentist in the DC metro area. As a sign of this newfound relationship with my dentist, I am going to let him take my wisdom teeth out, something that I probably should have had done years ago. This is a very big step in our relationship, as I am one of the most squeamish people on the face of this planet.

So that's what's new with me. I plan on spending the next few days eating painkillers like they are M&M's, drooling for hours on end, and enjoying a liquid only diet.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger emmmmm said...

    Now THAT's a commitment. I'm impressed.

    The next thing I know, you're going to be watching Lost and thinking of buying a home and doing all those other things that "people that can commit" do.

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Blogger Ph said...

    Stop being a baby...that's all I heard last weekend.

    Oh, you can spend your down time watching Angels in America :-)

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger sheila said...

    i had to watch a demo of a "retro-orbital eye bleed" (read: drawing blood from behind the eye--yes, exactly what you're picturing) today on a mouse... you're lucky you just had some teeth pulled out :)

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger sheila said...

    btw, you never mentioned what the BEST last solid food you ate was...

     
  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger JTU said...

    Do you get to keep the teeth?

    A little bottle of wisdom for your desk at work.

     
  • At 7:58 AM , Blogger Kell said...

    I have my top two impacted wisdom teeth as well - They aren't hurting, although my dentist did suggest I remove them.

     
  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger Blue Eyes said...

    Here is an update:

    The dentist only had time to remove two of my teeth and he did it without giving me anything more than massive doses of novicane. I couldn't feel the right side of my body for most of the day, but on the upside, I was able to walk home from the appointment.

    JTU .... I didn't get to keep the teeth. I was shown the teeth. I almost asked if I could have them though - I sort of don't like the idea that they'll either be thrown away, or that someone else (a creepy dentist) will have them. I don't really know what I would have done with them though and with the gauze in my mouth and the novicane, I really wasn't able to say much.

    Sheila..... Thanks for making me throw up in my mouth a tiny bit with your disgusting biology comments. I'm sure that a tiny bit of throw up is good for open wounds in your gums.

    Philli.... I am a baby. But you are a good friend because you listened to me be a baby for an entire weekend. I can't wait to come to your house and eat solids tonight.

    Kell....If there isn't a reason to get them out, I wouldn't. But if you do decide to get them out, it's not as big of a deal as it seems.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home