Best Summer Ever

On our way to having the best summer (or spring or autumn or winter) EVER......

Thursday, February 15, 2007

BEST Reintroduction of BEST SUMMER EVAH EVER

This past weeks snowstorm has sealed the deal. I won't go into the details of my experience, as I'm sure all of you out there have your own horror stories of an inept government who is unable to clear roads, people who drive like idiots, sheets of ice forming everywhere, knee deep puddles of slush, and the biting cold wind that takes your breath away.

Despite the different experiences we've had in the past few days… I think we can all agree on one thing.

Winter in DC sucks.

In addition to all of the annoying weather crap, there is also nothing going on. You've probably noticed that quantity and quality of this blog has gotten significantly worse as well… I realized that I had hit a new low when I considered the ramen dude dying to be a blogworthy event. As low as it may be, I still do have some sort of quality standard though … there will be no mention made of one blond overweight model who lived out every little girls dream by marrying the old dude and getting his millions.

I digress. Back to winter. It's not fun.

That's why we here at Best Winter Evah have decided to check out early. It's time to bid the snow, ice, slush, etc adieu. So, I would like to reintroduce… BEST SUMMER EVAH, a much happier time in all of our lives. Obviously, it's still winter in DC and I’m not going to say that the summer lives in my heart or anything campy like that because that would just be silly. If we are going to end winter, it's going to be done properly, by going somewhere where it is legitimately summer RIGHT NOW.

Peru.

That's right, we will be having the Best Summer Evah down south for the next two weeks… hiking Machu Pichu, chillin' in the Amazon, sunning ourselves on the beach, speaking a horrible version of Spanish with the locals, searching for llama eggs, etc.

We'll try to post quick little updates as we have time and internet access, so make sure to check back every once in a while and we'll do our best to help you beat your winter blues.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what is a snowstorm? i forget!!

    have fun in peru!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:53 PM , Blogger CYL said...

    Um, you think DC sucks in the winter? Trying being in Buffalo, NY.....who the hell came up with this place? It can't get any colder! Well, at least they're competent at clearing roads.

    Have a great time in Peru, bring bug spray and try not to bring back bronchitis like I did.

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Kell said...

    Brrrr. It's cold here too - but better because I can go to WEGMAN'S!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home